July 23rd, 2013
I have always wanted to write a book. Many a day and night I have laughed or cried and told pieces/puzzles of my life; only to then exclaim, I have to write about this ~ no one would believe me!
April 8th, 1964 was the day I took my first breath ~ I was welcomed into the world by my Parents ~ M & R ~ Half Siblings ~ G & H, big brother M and an array of Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles & Cousins.
From an early age, I was a stubborn ~'do it myself'~ kind of gal. Whether I was designing, sewing and then wearing my creations (a seamstress I am not) to going where ever the guys went and doing whatever the guys could do ~ I did...
Stubbornness is not an accurate description in my eyes ~
Tenacious, Curious, Independent~ that was me, and in many ways, still is :)
Qualities that I consider as survivor skills ~ if nothing else, I do that well. From being a young bride and mother ~ bringing three amazing babies into the world before my 24th birthday~ to being a widow by the time I was 30.
My early labels proved to be big blessings.
Living in a picture perfect home in a small Town on the outskirts of Montreal was wonderful. A beautiful neighborhood on the lake with the most amazing people surrounding me as I grew, made fantastic early years.
My parents were very well liked, admired; parties, family gatherings, visiting near and far were weekly occurrences. I had no clue my Mother's consumption of alcohol was an issue until I became a teen. Then again, I did not know what "Tee off time" meant, until I swung my first golf club.
I thought every Mom drank making dinner, that a Tee off was a place Mom went to while I dragged my three younger brothers to the local swimming pool.
Hot, hazy days swimming and sailing consumed my summer hours. Ballet and figure skating kept me busy during the cooler months. Babysitting my siblings and neighborhood kids, rounded out all my remaining time.
Life was very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment